Diabolic and criminal elements within in the US government seek to slowly disarm the general public, before making their final strike on the then defenseless populace.
CALIFORNIA (INTELLIHUB) — California lawmakers are pushing forward with a handful of gun control measures as they seek to limit Americans from buying ammunition, possessing, “assault” rifles, or “high capacity” magazines (over 10 rounds) in the name of our safety.
Lawmakers say that this is all in response to the recent mass shootings that have taken place inside the homeland. Seven bills were approved by the Senate Wednesday and are now moving to assembly.
An excerpt from the Los Angeles Times reads, “We all can recite the horrific acts that have occurred in our country over the last year,” said Senate President Pro TemDarrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento). “These bills attempt to respond to those well-publicized tragedies and many more that go unpublicized.”
Californians who want to buy ammunition would have to submit personal information and a $50 fee for a background check by the state, under a bill passed by the Senate. The state Department of Justice would determine whether buyers have a criminal record, severe mental illness or a restraining order that would disqualify them from owning guns.
Ammo shops would check the name on buyers’ driver’s licenses against a state list of qualified purchasers.
The goal of the bill is “to ensure that criminals and other dangerous individuals cannot purchase ammunition in the state of California,” said Sen. Kevin De Leon (D-Los Angeles), author of SB 53.
The vote was 22-14, with a few Democrats joining the Republican minority in opposition.
Sen. Jim Nielsen (R-Gerber) said, “We are criminalizing legal, historic behavior in the state of California and putting onerous burdens and regulations and requirements on law-abiding citizens.”
The Senate also OK’d a bill that would outlaw the sale, purchase and manufacture in California of semiautomatic rifles that can accommodate detachable magazines. The measure, SB 374 by Steinberg, also would require those who own such weapons to register them with the state.”
However, some argue that these are draconian style measures that will lead to the tyrannical takeover of our country by criminal Fascists.
The Sacramento Bee provides a list the 7 bills approved:
• SB 47 by Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, to ban so-called “bullet buttons” used to get around existing laws banning detachable magazines.
• SB 53 by Sen. Kevin de León, D-Los Angeles, to create new state permits that require background checks for buyers of ammunition.
• SB 374 by Steinberg, D-Sacramento, to ban detachable magazines in rifles.
• SB 396 by Sen. Loni Hancock, D-Berkeley, to prohibit possession of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
• SB 567 by Sen. Hannah-Beth Jackson, D-Santa Barbara, to change the definition of certain kinds of shotguns to make them assault weapons.
• SB 683 by Sen. Marty Block, D-San Diego, to require all gun buyers to take a firearm safety class and earn a safety certificate.
• SB 755 by Sen. Lois Wolk, D-Davis, to increase the number of crimes – including offenses related to drug addiction, chronic alcoholism and others – that result in a 10-year ban on being allowed to own a gun.
The bills will now move to assembly as the nation faces dismantlement of its very Constitutional values.