By Staff Writer
WHO to announce intentional public health emergency in coming days
(INTELLIHUB) — The Ebola outbreak is worsening, reports say.
In fact, a documented 108 people died in a 24-hour period between Sunday and Monday and no one knows for sure how many more have unofficially passed as bodies are said to be piled up and rotting in the streets.
To make matters worse, a reported 15% of medical staff in the region have also contracted the deadly virus which may now be airborne as warned recently by the Canadian government.
Moreover, the World Health Organization (WHO) is anticipated to soon announce a declaration of an international public health emergency. And to make matters worse President Obama pledged $33 billion dollars in aid to Africa during a business forum which took place Tuesday.
So far the reported death toll in the region is 932 and rising fast.
It was also reported that a Saudi man fell ill and died after traveling through Africa back to Saudi Arabia.
The New York Times reported:
The Saudi accounts emphasized that the illness had not yet been identified, and they did not specify where the patient got sick. But Gregory Hartl, a spokesman for the World Health Organization in Geneva, said in an email that the patient appeared to have been in Sierra Leone on business in some of the affected areas.
Amidst all of the chaos, the President of Senegal announced during the West-African Leaders Summit that the outbreak posses a major “threat”.
“I will tell the international community that Ebola is a devastating virus. It is not an African disease,” Sall said on the panel, according to Breitbart News. “You have to see this virus as a threat against humanity. It is a threat against humanity because with intercontinental flights, all you need is a flight to the U.S. or Europe so that you have a world crisis.”, wrote CBS Washington.