5-year-old removed from apartment by health workers in HAZMAT suits
By Shepard Ambellas | Intellihub.com
NEW YORK CITY — Emergency responders equipped with full protective gear rushed a 5-year-old boy, who recently traveled back to the U.S. from the West-African country of Guinea, to Bellevue Hospital Sunday night after he displayed symptoms common to Ebola.
Reports indicate that the boy started feeling feverish around 7 a.m. Monday morning adding concern.
Health investigators are now tracking down anyone who may have had contact with the boy and people who reside in the boys apartment were reported to have been forced to quarantine inside immediately after the discovery.
The New York Post reports:
Many residents in the six-story building told The Post that they were unaware of the situation and that the building has not yet been decontaminated.
“I saw the workers suited up taking the boy out,” said first-floor resident Tawana Johnson, 36, who took the video. “He looked out of it. I hope he’ll be OK. They’re a nice, hardworking family. … I heard he was playing with the neighbor’s kids and she sent them to school today.”
(Video Source: YouTube/NYPost/Tawana Johnson)
So far Dr. Craig Spencer remains the only person to officially be diagnosed with Ebola in NYC.
5-Year-Old in New York Is Being Tested for Ebola — New York Times
About the author:
Shepard Ambellas is the founder, editor-in-chief of Intellihub News and the maker of SHADE the Motion Picture. You can also find him on Twitter and Facebook. Shepard also appears on the Travel Channel series America Declassified. You can also listen to him on Coast To Coast AM.
For media inquires, interviews, questions or suggestions for this author, email: email@example.com.
Read more articles by this author here.