By Shepard Ambellas
A home was reduced to a pile of rubble after a botched S.W.A.T. standoff Thursday, man killed
FLINT, Mich. (INTELLIHUB) — An 11-hour standoff between authorities and suspected murderer Daron Raymond Gaylor Jr., 22, took a turn for the worst Thursday, after Gaylor, Jr. barricaded himself in a home when S.W.A.T. attempted to make entry. According to reports, the man was found dead in the upstairs area of the home which was decimated by S.W.A.T with heavy equipment.
Police are claiming at this time that the cause of death is unknown.
The standoff began at 10:30 a.m. near the corner of Sherman and Fulton Street, Around 5 p.m. Michigan state troopers entered the home, and said Gaylor opened fire on them, Michigan State Police Lt. Brian Cole said. One trooper was hit, but suffered non-life threatening injuries. By the final update, police said the officer was doing well.
Arrest warrants were issued for Gaylor listing charges of first-degree murder, assault with intent to murder and three other gun charges after police claim his involvement in a June 2 double shooting that killed 28-year-old Ali McZick and critically injured 19-year-old Tyrell Gaylor near Martin Luther King Avenue and Welch Boulevard.
Police also wanted to talk with him in regard to a July 5 shooting that resulted in the death of previously injured Tyrell Gaylor – Daron Gaylor’s cousin – and left an 8-year-old boy critically injured.
About the author:
Shepard Ambellas is the founder and editor-in-chief of Intellihub News and the maker of SHADE the Motion Picture. You can also find him on Twitter and Facebook. Shepard also appears on the Travel Channel series America Declassified.
For media inquires, interviews, questions or suggestions for this author, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.