Editor's note: The Shepard Ambellas Show airs LIVE weekdays (Mon-Fri) on the Shepard Ambellas YouTube channel from 5-7 pm Eastern/4C/2P. Subscribe now! Turn notifications on immediately. An archived version of the show is also available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Castbox, Deezer, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, JioSaavn, and Spreaker for you listening pleasure.
It’s not always easy to spot parasitic infections since not all of them exhibit symptoms. However, there are cases that can cause severe conditions and even be fatal. No matter the case, it’s still best to cleanse the body every once in a while to prevent parasites from invading and thriving in your organs.
Parasite cleanses are not just for those who are already suffering from the symptoms of infection; they are also for those who just want to make sure that they are free from any trace of parasites. Eliminating these organisms is very easy to do, you just have to know which items can help you with what you’re trying to achieve. To help you, here are some herbs that can be utilized in order to get rid of parasites and prevent future infections from happening:
- Garlic — This widely used herb is known for its ability to kill not just parasites but bacteria, viruses, and fungi as well. Moreover, garlic also has potent antioxidant effects that counteract the toxins released by these pathogens. These properties are due to the presence of allicin and ajoene, the former of which is initially present as alliin before it’s converted into its bioactive form. To get the most out of garlic, you have to crush, juice, or chop up the garlic so that the enzyme alliinase can convert alliin into allicin.
- Cucumber seeds — If you are suffering from tapeworms in your digestive tract then cucumber seeds are just what you need since these contain the enzyme erepsin which does the job for you. Simply grind the seeds into a powder and add one teaspoon of it to your smoothies to cleanse out your system. Even if you do not have parasites, you can still take this as a preventive measure.
- Papaya — Eating papaya is a sweet and enjoyable way to get rid of parasites, especially since there are various recipes that you can try out. One of these is fermented papayas in apple cider vinegar, which will produce not just cultured papaya that you can eat, but brine that you can drink as well. Another is by making a smoothie consisting of one papaya, a tablespoon of organic virgin coconut oil, and a cup of coconut milk. Although the papaya fruit is already great, it isn’t even the most powerful part of the plant. The seeds are stronger when it comes to killing parasites. However, they aren’t as delicious as the fruit when eaten alone so you can try combining them with honey, which is also a known anti-parasitic food.
- Clove — The most powerful germicidal compound in herbs, which is known as eugenol, is abundantly found in cloves. This substance easily travels along the bloodstream where it can kill parasites, as well as their larvae and eggs, that it encounters on its way. Because of its potent effects, it can be used to treat malaria, tuberculosis, cholera, scabies, and many other diseases.
- Pumpkin seeds — Pumpkin seeds are great against schistosomiasis and tapeworm infections because they can kill not just the grown parasite but their eggs as well. These properties can be attributed to the presence of cucurbitin and a natural fat that is toxic to the eggs. To enjoy these benefits, you would have to consume half a cup of ground pumpkin seeds, which you can add to your salads or smoothies.
- Turmeric — You can mine a lot of health benefits from this golden herb and its anti-parasitic property is just one of those. However, turmeric is not easily absorbed by the body so you might have to either eat large amounts of it or pair it with other substances, such as coconut oil and black pepper, that can improve its absorption.
- Ginger — Since they are close relatives, ginger shares most of the benefits that turmeric has, including its ability to kill parasites. In addition to that, it also improves stomach acid production so that you won’t even have to worry about getting infected in the first place. The form in which you consume ginger can have an effect on the benefits that it contributes. If you want to get rid of mucus then you should eat fresh ginger. If warming the digestive system is your goal then ground ginger might be the better option. But you can always try eating both types to enjoy more benefits.
- Cayenne — Among the different cayenne varieties, the best one is the African cayenne since it is said to destroy fungus, mold, and parasites immediately upon contact. Moreover, it can enhance the antiparasitic properties of other herbs when they are used together.
If you’ve never tried cleansing your body from parasites before, now might be a good time to give it a try especially since most of these natural remedies can easily be found in most homes. (Related: Parasite infection: A hidden cause of disease and deterioration.)
For more articles about the health benefits of different herbs, visit Herbs.news.